Brown nets career-high 29, moves up Alaska all-time scoring list
Isiah Brown of Anchorage keeps improving his career high each time he laces ‘em up for Weber State University.
The senior guard pumped in 26 points in the season opener against Adams State. Then in the second game he poured in 29 points against Westminster.
His career high was 21 through his first 90 college games with Northwestern and Grand Canyon.
Brown is shooting .533 from the field in two games.
He did more than just score in the 85-73 win over Westminster as he added five assists, four rebounds and four steals.
Brown just missed out on becoming the 11th Alaska man to reach the 30-point plateau in a D1 game.
On the state’s all-time scoring list, Brown ranks No. 25 with 653 points and needs only 29 more to pass 1980s legend Muff Butler. Here is a closer look at that section of the record book.
22) 704 Kevin Winford Eastern Washington 2009-2013
23) 702 Jacob Calloway Southern Utah 2016-2019
24) 681 Muff Butler New Orleans 1981-1983
25) *653 Isiah Brown Northwestern/Grand Canyon/Weber State 2016-2020
26) 583 Chris Toomer Liberty 1990-1994
27) 568 Dane Kuiper New Mexico 2015-2019